Integrating AHRQ Evidence-Based Resources Into Course Curricula
Presenter: Sharon T. Constans, RN, MSN, Director, Hayes CARE and Managing Editor, Search & Summary, Hayes, Inc.
No Fee Registration: Register Here
Target Audience: Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
Overall Learning Purpose/Goal:
The purpose of this Webinar is to explain how advanced practice nurse educators can incorporate AHRQ's Electronic Preventive Services Selector and resources from the Effective Health Care Program into the educational process.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- List the evidence-based resources available on the AHRQ Web site, including those available through the Effective Health Care (EHC) Program.
- Locate the resources available on the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) Web site, including the Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) tool.
- Demonstrate how to download the ePSS application to a PDA or mobile device.
- Explain how the EHC Program resources, the USPSTF recommendations, and the ePSS tool can be integrated into the Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) educational processes.
The following Continuing Education (CE) credits will be available to participants of the recorded Webinar. CE credits will be offered through May 20, 2016.
- This program is approved for 1.0 contact hour(s) of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards.
If you have questions about the presentation, please e-mail us at: Educationservices@hayesinc.com.
- This Webinar has been funded and developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) with Hayes, Inc. as a contractor; there has been no outside commercial support.
- Presenter(s) and planning committee members have no conflicts of interest, relevant financial relationships, or sponsorships to disclose.
- Criteria for successful completion:
- Each participant must be present for the entire webinar.
- Each participant must complete an evaluation and must successfully pass the posttest with a grade of 80% or higher to obtain the CE credit. Participants may take the posttest two additional times, if necessary.
- Each participant must complete the evaluation/posttest within 30 days of the webinar to obtain CE credit.