Improving Patient Safety in Long-Term Care Facilities: Introduction to the Webinar Series
Presenter: Marian D. Edmiston, DEd, MSN, RN-BC
The purpose of this Webinar is to provide an overview of the series which aims to provide nurse administrators and educators with the necessary tools to provide training to those working in long-term care facilities on the Improving Patient Safety in Long-Term Care Facilities Training Modules.
No Fee Registration: Course Expired
Target Audience: Nurse administrators and nurse educators who provide staff training to first-line care staff, or who work closely with staff at long-term care facilities.
Overall Learning Purpose/Goal:
To provide nurse administrators and nurse educators guidance on training using the materials covered in AHRQ's Improving Patient Safety in Long-Term Care Facilities Instructor Guide.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the format and purpose of the four-part Webinar series, based on the AHRQ curriculum "Improving Patient Safety in Long-term Care Facilities".
- Engage an audience of learners using methods that promote maximum participation and knowledge retention.
- Promote team dynamics and avoid barriers to communication.
- Implement strategies to monitor residents' safety.
The following Continuing Education (CE) credits will be available to participants of the live webinar. In addition, the webinar will be recorded and CE credits will be available to those who listen to the recording. CE credits will be offered through March 11, 2016.
- This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers.
- This program is approved for 1.0 contact hour(s) of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards.
- This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Arizona Nurses’ Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Hayes, Inc., AzNA and the ANCC Commission on Accreditation do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
If you have questions about the presentation, please e-mail us at: Educationservices@hayesinc.com.
- This Webinar has been funded and developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; there has been no outside commercial support.
- Presenter(s)/staff do not endorse any commercial services or products displayed in this Webinar.
- Presenter(s)/staff have no conflicts of interest or relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Accreditation refers to recognition of continuing nursing education only and does not imply AzNA or ANCC Commission on Accreditation approval or endorsement of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- Criteria for successful completion:
- Each participant must be present for the entire webinar.
- Each participant must complete an evaluation and must successfully pass the posttest with a grade of 80% or higher to obtain the CE credit. Participants may take the posttest two additional times, if necessary.
- Each participant must complete the evaluation/posttest within 30 days of the webinar to obtain CE credit.