Improving Patient Safety in Long-Term Care Facilities: Falls Prevention and Management
Presenter: Marian D. Edmiston, DEd, MSN, RN-BC
No Fee Registration: Course Expired
Target Audience: Nurse administrators and nurse educators who provide staff training to first-line care staff or who work closely with staff at long-term care facilities.
Overall Learning Purpose/Goal:
To provide nurse administrators and nurse educators with guidance on training using the materials covered in AHRQ's Improving Patient Safety in Long-Term Care Facilities: Falls Prevention and Management Instructor Guide.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Utilize effective engagement strategies to present an audience-appropriate training program for nursing assistants, licensed nurses, and other staff.
- Utilize the AHRQ patient care training resources to train staff in how to prevent and manage falls.
- Present relevant case studies as examples of how to best prevent and manage falls and fall-related injuries.
The following Continuing Education (CE) credits will be available to participants of the live webinar. In addition, the webinar will be recorded and CE credits will be available to those who listen to the recording. CE credits will be offered through August 12, 2016.
- This program will be submitted to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- This activity has been submitted to the Arizona Nurses Association (AzNA) for approval to award contact hours. AzNA is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board-certified case managers with 1.0 clock hour.
If you have questions about the presentation, please e-mail us at: Educationservices@hayesinc.com.
- This Webinar has been funded and developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; there has been no outside commercial support.
- Presenter(s)/staff do not endorse any commercial services or products displayed in this Webinar.
- Presenter(s)/staff have no conflicts of interest or relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Accreditation refers to recognition of continuing nursing education only and does not imply AzNA or ANCC Commission on Accreditation approval or endorsement of any commercial products discussed or displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
- Criteria for successful completion:
- Each participant must be present for the entire webinar.
- Each participant must complete an evaluation and must successfully pass the posttest with a grade of 80% or higher to obtain the CE credit. Participants may take the posttest two additional times, if necessary.
- Each participant must complete the evaluation/posttest within 30 days of the webinar to obtain CE credit.