A Review on How to Access and Implement AHRQ's Evidence-Based Resources to Inform your Clinical Practice
Presenter: Sharon T. Constans, RN, MSN, Director, Hayes CARE and Managing Editor, Search & Summary, Hayes, Inc.
Nurse practitioners (NPs) and other advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) are leading providers of health care services in the United States and will play an increasingly prominent role in patient care as access expands. NPs can play an important role in promoting evidence-based preventive health practices by, for example, incorporating recommendations from the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) into clinical practice. AHRQ has incorporated USPSTF recommendations into the Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS), which is a user-friendly evidence-based decision support tool designed for mobile technology. In addition, AHRQ has a number of other resources, such as the Effective Health Care (EHC) Program, which are designed to provide clinicians with current evidence on a wide variety of tests and treatments.
The purpose of this Webinar is to provide an overview of AHRQs evidence-based publicly available tools and resources to inform clinical practice.
Registration: Register here
Target Audience: Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
Overall Learning Purpose/Goal:
This webinar aims to promote the value of, and inform participants about, the AHRQ evidence-based resources available to NPs, including the Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) tool and Evidence Health Care (EHC) Program resources, and to offer participants techniques to use these resources in their daily practice to support clinical decisionmaking and to improve quality of care.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the 5 major steps in conducting a systematic review.
- List the evidence-based resources available on the AHRQ Web site, including those available through the EHC Program.
- Locate the resources available on the USPSTF Web site, including the ePSS tool.
- Explain how the EHC Program resources, the USPSTF recommendations, and the ePSS tool can be integrated into APRN clinical decisionmaking.
- Demonstrate how to download the ePSS application to a PDA or mobile device.
This program is approved for 1 contact hour of continuing education. The program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standard. The Continuing Education (CE) credits will be available to participants of the live Webinar.
The Webinar will be recorded and CE credits will also be available to those who listen to the recording.
CE credits will be offered through February 18, 2016
If you have questions about the presentation, please e-mail us at: Educationservices@hayesinc.com.
- This Webinar has been funded and developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) with Hayes, Inc. as a contractor; there has been no outside commercial support.
- Presenter(s)/staff do not endorse any commercial services or products displayed in this Webinar.
- Presenter(s)/staff have no conflicts of interest or relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Presenter(s)/staff do not recommend or endorse the off-label use of drugs, mechanical devices, biologics, or diagnostics not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- This Webinar is not intended to promote any specific clinical intervention or as an evaluation of current clinical practice.
- Criteria for successful completion:
- Each participant must be present for the entire webinar.
- Each participant must complete an evaluation and must successfully pass the posttest with a grade of 80% or higher to obtain the CE credit. Participants may take the posttest two additional times, if necessary.
- Each participant must complete the evaluation/posttest within 30 days of the webinar to obtain CE credit.